Do you want to travel with your pet?
We give you some tips to have a successful trip.
Many of us don’t want to leave our canine friends at home because of the great love we feel for them, because we want to share experiences with them and also to be sure they will be fine. As you know, we feature a variety of pet-friendly hotels, so one part of your trip is already guaranteed. But we also want to help you so that your journey with your pet is a success.
If you are traveling by car:
- Experts recommend your pet travel in a cage, as this will avoid any distraction for the driver.
- The cage is an additional protection for your pet, as it will prevent injuries in case of an accident.
- Its last meal must be at least two hours before the trip to prevent carsickness. If it is a long trip and you have to feed it, wait until you park your car and just give it a snack.
- If it is a long trip, make some stops and get your pet out of its cage; walk or play a little so that it releases the unused energy.
- Put a blanket and its favorite toy in the cage so it will be more relaxed.
If you are traveling by plane:
- The first recommendation is to contact your airline to learn more about its pet travel policies, so that you can meet every requirement when you get to the airport.
- Most likely your pet will have to travel in a cage; it is most recommendable that your pet gets to the airport in the cage, to avoid problems with the mess these places can become.
- It it does have to travel in a cage, put in a blanket and its favorite toy to help it relax.
- In this case your pet will also have to have a meal at least two hours before the flight, and make sure it poops and pees before leaving.
- When delivering your pet to the airline, leave it the easiest way possible. This will help it feel confident.
We hope you find these tips useful for you and your pet. Here is the link where you can see the pet-friendly hotels:
- Boutique Tips
With over 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry and a bachelors in Hospitality and Tourism Management specializing in marketing and sales, Mary Carmen has developed her career working at various hotels in Mexico and abroad, focusing in recent years on the boutique hotel industry. Passionate about tourism in Mexico, in every trip she seeks to find the cultural, culinary and historic highlights of each destination.
Leave a Reply